Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Broadband Fax Software How Can I Send A Fax From Windows XP? I Have A Broadband Connection But Get A Message "no Dial Tone"

How can I send a fax from Windows XP? I have a broadband connection but get a message "no dial tone" - broadband fax software

I have a standard modem and a broadband connection, but can with Windows XP you through every step of sending a fax (from Microsoft Works) go and I checked the rules numbering of the box "to the fact taken that I send the Internet. But I get a message that I have no dial tone, so the message does not arrive. "My little confused and I wonder now if I have a fax modem special, but I am really I here about my options. Has anyone a simple and easy instructions to follow me, please?
Otherwise I will resign from the computer and technology products and back to scratching my messages on papyrus with a pen, and send them by carrier pigeon. * Returns to the Dark Ages! *

1 comment:

Bostonian In MO said...

You say you have a modem standard. You mean an internal fax modem on your computer, or has the matter to a cable modem or DSL?

To send a fax you need a fax modem. Most of these programs are installed internally in the team, but there are few models floating out there. A few years ago, before widespread use of broadband was affordable, comes almost any PC with a fax modem. Many laptops still do not, but are not so common on most desktops.

Anyway, I have the impression that you are very new to computers, so I have a few things to go and see if we can go.

First, we need to know if you have a fax modem. Take a ride on the back of your PC. A fax modem with two standard telephone jacks on the other side. If found, is almost like home - Simply connect a phone, the fax modem to make (and possibly also a standard phone line on the wall) on the contrary, and are willing to fax!

To send a document, there are two ways to proceed. Normally, a fax-modemappear as a printer on your computer. Choose File Print ... and select the fax modem and fax printers and launches a wizard that you details of the recipients, and select a cover page, etc., a file ... send to you .. . recipient of the fax to start the wizard, when you use the fax machine, fax (fax-modem) and follow the instructions above.

If you do not see a fax modem that you buy. They are fairly inexpensive these days often $ 30.00 or less. Any Radio Shack or Best Buy, you can connect. I even saw a large number of Wal-Mart. The installation is quite simple, the instructions in the box. If you can really afraid to open your PC and not pay excessive prices for the entire installation to be able to find an external fax modem that plugs into a serial port on the back of your PC. These are just a bit more expensive - $ 50 - $ 100 or more - so that the cost of Final May, a wash cycle, but.

To close things can be done directly through a cable modem or DSL via fax. TSome services on Internet-based fax, but they require the payment (although some offer some gifts to show how it works) to send and receive faxes at certain times. It was a free service for advertising in the incoming and added outgoing faxes, but I'm sure he died a shameful death for some time.

Hope this helps!

Post a Comment